Buy a lottery ticket: If you’re working under a Good Boss
Description: You are lucky enough if you are working under a good boss. You may win a prize if you buy lottery. You might get a job with your eligibility, but it’s your luck if you get a good boss.
It would be wonderful if success rested purely upon your ability to do your job, but that’s less than half the picture. Raises, promotions, and other perks often depend directly on whether you can manage your manager rather than whether your manager is good at managing you.
Fortunately, keeping your boss happy and helpful isn't all that difficult, if you follow these simple rules:
1. Think of your boss as a resource.
2. Keep your promises,
3. No surprises, ever,
4. Take your job seriously,
5. Advise but then obey,
6. Provide solutions not complaints,
7. Communicate clearly,
8. Do your best work,
9. Explain how you're best "managed.",
10. Over-prepare for every meeting,
11. Show interest in your boss's career,
12. Make your boss successful